Tag Archives: Linen

Vernet Project: Silly Shoes

One of the five pieces of my Vernet Project was creating the silly up-turned-toe elf shoes in the fashion plate. Clearly, these are not shoes that could be purchased, as they are so specific in style, so I set out … Continue reading

Posted in 1810s, 19th Century, Costume Construction, Hand Sewn Elements, Patterning, Regency Clothing, Shoes, Trimmings, Vernet Project 1814: Merveilleuses & Incroyables | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 5 Comments

HSF #1: The Make Do Shift

The first challenge of the Historical Sew Fortnightly (HSF) 2014 is Make Do And Mend. At the start of January, none of my in-progress projects qualified, unfortunately, and while I wanted to get started on the right foot for the … Continue reading

Posted in 1750s, 1760s, 1770s, 1780s, 18th Century, Costume Construction, Historical Sew Fortnightly, Project Journal: 1770 Court Gown, Undergarments | Tagged , , , , , | 2 Comments

HSF #26: Curtain Along Jacket, Finally!

The theme of the final HSF challenge of 2013 is “Celebrate”: Make something that is celebration worthy, make something that celebrates the new skills you have learned this year, or just make something simple that celebrates the fact that you … Continue reading

Posted in 1760s, 18th Century, Costume Construction, Curtain-Along, Historical Sew Fortnightly, Trimmings | Tagged , , , , , , , , | 8 Comments

May Fabric Stash Additions

I’ve been trying to be good about not buying more fabric… but sometimes things are just too good to pass up, or an event comes along that requires new clothes! I think I last bought fabric in January, so that’s … Continue reading

Posted in 18th Century, 19th Century, 20th Century | Tagged , | 2 Comments

HSF #3: Silk Pockets

I’ve been sewing up a storm this weekend! (And yes, pun intended, since I was stuck inside all weekend because of the blizzard ‘Nemo’… and as a side note, do you think they saw the irony in naming this storm … Continue reading

Posted in 18th Century, Accessories, Costume Construction, Hand Sewn Elements, Historical Sew Fortnightly | Tagged , , , , | 7 Comments

A future project: 18th Century Pockets

For the last month, I have been pondering the idea of making 18th century pockets. It was my idea to wear them to an 18th century ball and use them  as a place to store my modern items (cell phone, … Continue reading

Posted in 18th Century, 19th Century, Accessories, Costume History, Inspirational Clothing, Museum Clothing Pieces, Undergarments | Tagged , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Project Journal: 1780s Ensemble Part V: Completed Stays

This gallery contains 5 photos.

Wohoo! My 1780s stays are complete! I think they turned out quite well. They certainly resembles my inspiration image. You can see that image and read more about the construction of these stays by reading this previous post. I made … Continue reading

Gallery | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment