Hoops On A Playground

I’ve had a long week and am feeling like silliness is about all my brain can deal with posting for the moment. Plus, I’m ready for summer, or at least spring. So here are some silly pictures from last summer that I’ve been waiting to share until just the right moment. They bring a smile to my face and I hope they do to yours as well! Bring out your inner child and enjoy!

IMG_2262 (1)

IMG_2273 (1)

IMG_2279 (1)

IMG_2267 (1)

IMG_2269 (1)

IMG_2317 (1)

IMG_2299 (1)

IMG_2303

IMG_2305

Who says you always have to act like an adult? Playgrounds are fun!

Advertisements

About quinnmburgess

Quinn M. Burgess creates reproduction and costume historic clothing. Her inspiration has a strong foundation in history: historic dress, social history, and material history. With the addition of clothing construction knowledge, her passions converge in an imaginative world of creative history that she loves to share with others.
This entry was posted in 1860s, 19th Century, Just Plain Silly, Wearing Reproduction Clothing. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Hoops On A Playground

1. Doris says:

Quinn, I love the spontaneity. You made me smile as well. I love you dearly. Aunt Doris

2. Sabine says:

OMG!!! That’s so adorable 🙂 I truly enjoy seeing when the past & presence meet…and this photo series is pure fun!
    Thank you for sharing!

3. lenelein says:

This looks like so much fun! Plus it is a good example what is possible while wearing a hoop skirt!

4. Bwaha! Oh my gosh, what fun! Thank you for brightening my Monday afternoon 🙂

5. Black Tulip says:

Lovely photos, really made me laugh

6. Raven says:

SLIIIDDDEEEESSS!! This captures how much fun it seemed like you all had at that event 🙂

7. petranorthway says:

What a lovely idea! I always thought that crinoline dresses would restrict what women could do. You certainly changed my mind on that one

8. Whee!! Looks like you’re having so much fun together. Beautiful dresses & women. Love you. ~ Mom