Category Archives: Competitive Ballroom Dancing

Distraction From Historical Sewing…

I mentioned a few weeks ago, in my post about my new silk pockets, that I had spent the Nemo blizzard weekend working on the replacement of my failed berry ballroom dancing dress. I haven’t picked it up since that … Continue reading

Posted in Competitive Ballroom Dancing | 4 Comments

“Berry” Ballroom Dress Update

I’ve been plugging away at my new Standard Ballroom Dance dress. I’ve made progress, though not quite as quickly as I had hoped, as the dress was intended to be worn in about 9 days!!! Once the dress is sewn, … Continue reading

Posted in Competitive Ballroom Dancing, Costume History | 2 Comments

A New Standard Ballroom Dancing Dress…

My 1819 re-made ball gown is almost complete! The ball is next weekend, so pictures will be coming soon. I have all my accessories in order and I’ve just about completed my petticoat. It’s time to start cranking out my … Continue reading

Posted in Competitive Ballroom Dancing, Videos | 2 Comments